One of my favourite things to do on Sunday afternoons is bake – not only is it fun to do but you’ll have freshly baked snacks throughout the week (if the treats ever make it past Tuesday without being devoured by your entire family). Today I’m going to show you how to make these quick and easy blueberry pies. There is minimal prep and you can make it with your kids! I picked up these snowflake cutters from Kitchen Stuff Plus but you can also use jam jar lids or anything else you might find around the kitchen to cut out your pastry dough!
Disclosure: Our friends at E.D. Smith supplied the blueberry pie filling for this recipe!
Santa's Mini Snowflake Pies (Blueberry Pies)
– 1 pie crust dough (homemade or store bought – we used a store bought crust for convenience)
– 1/3 cup E.D. Smith Blueberry Pie Filling
– 1/2 tsp Grand Marnier (optional, but encouraged)
– Icing Sugar
– Fresh Blueberries (for garnish)
1. Preheat your oven to 450ºF
2. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper
3. Roll out (or unwrap) your pie crust dough
4. Using a cookie cutter cut into 14 stars (or whatever shape you are using) – you may have to re-roll the dough for the last few
5. Mix together the blueberry pie filling, lemon juice, lemon zest, Grand Marnier and salt
6. On your parchment-lined baking sheet, place 7 stars
7. Add 1 tsp of the blueberry mix to the center of the stars
8. Cover with the other pie dough stars
9. Gently press the edges together and then push down using the tines of a fork
10. Bake for 10 – 12 minutes
11. Remove from oven, transfer to a wire rack and cool for 5 minutes
12. Dust with icing sugar for snowy effect and garnish with blueberries
* Recipe courtesy of Elin Lawrence and eaten by yours truly
Love my recipes?
Check out my collaboration with Staub Canada and Elin Lawrence in my Cozy Up Pumpkin Chili recipe!