Since being on maternity leave, I’ve had a revolving door of people coming in and out of our house to meet our baby and bring us food. Though I realize we’re not expected to be rolling out crumpets and scones, it is nice to have some baked goods around for our guests when they come over. I found this recipe from kafemaru on Youtube for a very simple biscotti and tried it out. After a little tweaking for the ingredients I had at home, I was able to make a few batches of this simple treat! I’ve posted my version of the biscotti recipe below. If you try it out, make sure to tag me on Instagram @moussetaco (or if you know me personally, text me) – I’d love to see how yours turns out!
– 1 egg
– 1/3 cup brown sugar
– 1 cup flour
– 1/2 cup walnuts, cranberries, chocolate and almonds (you can really use anything you want but it should all total only 1/2 cup)
– Cookie Butter or melted chocolate (optional – for garnish)
1. Preheat your oven to 450ºF
2. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper
3. Beat your egg in a mixing bowl and add sugar and sifted flour
4. Add in the nuts, cranberries and chocolate
5. Combine and spread onto parchment paper
6. Shape into a square ensuring the mixture is about 1 inch tall
7. Bake for 15 minutes
8. Remove from oven and chop into 8 pieces
9. Return to oven and bake for an additional 15 minutes
10. Remove from oven and cool on a baking rack
11. Drizzle melted cookie butter or chocolate to one side for garnish
Love my recipes?
Check out my collaboration with Staub Canada and Elin Lawrence in my Spiced Pumpkin Cake recipe!