It’s fall again and that means it’s time to get our cozy on! Today’s recipe will be featuring my new Multi-Fuction Pressure Cooker courtesy of Hamilton Beach (#gifted). This pressure cooker can hold up to 6 qt which means there are endless possibilities for entertaining! It’s 11 preset programs allow you to pressure cook, sauté, slow cook, prepare rice, steam and more, with easy cleanup afterward.
As someone who is constantly sick in the fall, I cannot imaging going through this sweater weather without a warm comforting bowl of soup. My recipe contains seasonal root vegetables with a pork bone broth, however, if you are vegetarian, feel free to skip the meat and amp up the garlic and throw in some ginger! The soup will come out just as flavourful because of the spices and the cooked root vegetables.
Hope you enjoy!
Chunky Butternut Squash Soup
1 tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 can diced tomatoes
1 lb pork bones
10 cups of water
1 cup pumpkin (cut into 1-inch cubes)
2 carrots (cut into 1-inch pieces)
1 butternut squash (cut into 1-inch cubes)
1. In a cast iron pan, saute the onion and garlic in olive oil over medium heat until they start to turn brown, roughly five minutes.
2. Add tomatoes and continue to cook for 5 more minutes.
3. In your Hamilton Beach Multi-Function Pressure Cooker, add pork bones, pumpkin, carrots, butternut squash, peppercorns and everything from the cast iron pan. Top with water.
4. Set pressure cooker for 1 hr and let it do it’s magic.
5. Wait 1 hr and let out the pressure.
6. Serve. Topped with a generous amount of pepper.
Can’t Get Enough of my recipes?
Check out my Pumpkin Breakfast Muffin recipe!