Now that I’m pregnant, I can no longer get away with skipping breakfast in the mornings. I mean, baby has to eat! If you work with me, you’ll know that mornings are just not my thing! I can burn the midnight oil at every month-end with no problem but juggling to make breakfast along with my morning routine? That’s a beast of its own! That’s why these morning breakfast muffins have been a lifesaver. They are quick to prepare and can be done in batches over the weekend or during the work week and keeps my baby full until lunch-time. They’re also really easy to pack, so I keep several in a container at work for snacking!
Pumpkin Breakfast Muffins
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp Pumpkin Spice Mix* (see in Notes below)
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1/4 cup milk
1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
1. Preheat the oven to 375 F.
2. Spray your muffin tins with non-stick spray (or use muffin liners)
3. In a large bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients – rolled oats, cinnamon, baking powder, Pumpkin Spice Mix, salt – we used the Zwilling Twin Pur whisk.
4. Add the pumpkin puree, maple syrup, eggs, vegetable oil, milk, vanilla
5. Spoon into your muffin tins (I used the 1/4 cup), if you have empty spots, fill with water
6. Bake in the center oven rack for 20 minutes (use a toothpick to check for doneness)
7. Take out of the oven and let cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before removing
8. Refrigerate or freeze leftovers
* Notes: To make the Pumpkin Spice Mix – mix together
1. 3 tbsp cinnamon
2. 1 tbsp ginger
3. 2 tsp nutmeg
4. 1 tsp ground cloves
5. 1 tsp ground allspice
Store in an airtight jar.
Recipe & Photos by Elin Lawrence
Can’t Get Enough Pumpkin?
Check out last week’s Spiced Pumpkin Soup recipe to find out how to win a brand new 3.5qt Staub Pumpkin Cocotte! (Or click on the photo below to enter on Instagram)