Now that I’m pregnant, I can no longer get away with skipping breakfast in the mornings. I mean, baby has to eat! If you work with me, you’ll know that mornings are just not my thing! I can burn the midnight oil at every month-end with no problem but juggling to make breakfast along with my morning routine? That’s a beast of its own! That’s why these morning breakfast muffins have been a lifesaver. They are quick to prepare and can be done in batches over the weekend or during the work week and keeps my baby full until lunch-time. They’re also really easy to pack, so I keep several in a container at work for snacking!
Pumpkin Breakfast Muffins
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp Pumpkin Spice Mix* (see in Notes below)
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1/4 cup milk
1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
1. Preheat the oven to 375 F.
2. Spray your muffin tins with non-stick spray (or use muffin liners)
3. In a large bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients – rolled oats, cinnamon, baking powder, Pumpkin Spice Mix, salt – we used the Zwilling Twin Pur whisk.
4. Add the pumpkin puree, maple syrup, eggs, vegetable oil, milk, vanilla
5. Spoon into your muffin tins (I used the 1/4 cup), if you have empty spots, fill with water
6. Bake in the center oven rack for 20 minutes (use a toothpick to check for doneness)
7. Take out of the oven and let cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before removing
8. Refrigerate or freeze leftovers
* Notes: To make the Pumpkin Spice Mix – mix together
1. 3 tbsp cinnamon
2. 1 tbsp ginger
3. 2 tsp nutmeg
4. 1 tsp ground cloves
5. 1 tsp ground allspice
Store in an airtight jar.
Recipe & Photos by Elin Lawrence
Can’t Get Enough Pumpkin?
Check out last week’s Spiced Pumpkin Soup recipe to find out how to win a brand new 3.5qt Staub Pumpkin Cocotte! (Or click on the photo below to enter on Instagram)
View this post on Instagram
*** STAUB GIVEAWAY 🎃 **** Warming up my soul and tummy with a nice spiced bowl of pumpkin soup! 🥣 • This week is National Pumpkin Week! 🎃 To celebrate, Elin (@travelfoodcool) and I have partnered with @zwilling_ca to come up with our favourite pumpkin recipes which we will be releasing throughout the Fall. 🍂 Additionally, to celebrate National Pumpkin Day (Oct 26), we will be giving away this adorable Staub 3.5qt Pumpkin Cocoette featured in our Spiced Pumpkin Soup recipe post . • Here is how you can enter this giveaway: 1️⃣ Follow @staub_ca, @travelfoodcool and @moussetaco 2️⃣ Tag 2 friends in the comment section below! (Multiple entries allowed – 1 comment = 1 entry) *️⃣ Bonus entries for comments on today’s blog posts (+1 entry per comment) or if you’ve subscribed to my blog! • Contest closes on November 5 and winner will be announced on our November 7 recipe blog post! Good luck and happy tagging! • #giveaway #fall #staub #zwilling #canadagiveaway #contest #win #cookwithstaub #staubpumpkin #kitchengoals #flatlay #harvestdinner #foodporn #kitchenlove #fallkitchen #pumpkingoals #squash #thefeedfeed