Wow! It’s been a while since my last post and times sure have changed! The past few months have honestly been such a rollercoaster for me personally and professionally. Sometimes, it’s very therapeutic to just roll up your sleeves and bake (as I’m sure the 29387492x people out there baking sour dough have been doing).
Last week, I received a media kit from Loacker Canada full of yummy snacks. The Loacker Biscuits Milk Chocolate Coconut Cream didn’t even survive the first night but luckily, I have enough wafers to last me the rest of the week! I had recently eaten a cookie with a brownie baked into it and it was the most amazing thing since sliced bread! I just loved the idea of eating two desserts as one! This got me thinking: what other desserts can I combine into one?
That is how I came up with matcha cookies and wafers! I love soft gooey cookies but sometimes find that I am missing a good crunch. At the same time, when I eat too many wafers, I find my mouth gets really dry. So, I thought to myself – why not combine both of these great snacks into one fantastic snack? Thus, the matcha cookie wafer was born!
Hope you enjoy my recipe!
Matcha White Chocolate Cookies with Loacker Wafers
2 cups of brown sugar
1 cup of granulated sugar
1.5 cups Flour
1 cup of butter (room temperature, cubed)
0.5 cup of white chocolate chips
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
24 Matcha Loacker Quadratini wafer cookies
1. In a stand mixer, mix the brown sugar, sugar, flour, butter, baking powder and vanilla extract until it turns into a dough.
2. Add white chocolate chips.
3. Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place 1 inch apart on a cookie sheet
4. Press one match wafer on top of each cookie
5. Bake at 300 degrees for 9 minutes (can bake longer if you like a crunchier cookie)
6. Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes
Can’t Get Enough of my recipes?
Check out my Pumpkin Breakfast Muffin recipe!
One thought on “Recipe Box: Matcha White Chocolate Cookies with Loacker Wafers”